Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Position: Warehouse Technician
Location: Humacao Puerto Rico
- Receives, classifies, identifies raw material, packaging components, finished product and miscellaneous materials.
- Inspects the cargo to validate the counting, weighing and proper material’s identification
- Prepares, coordinates, expedites and executes international and domestic shipments ensuring that all international shipments (inbound and outbound) comply with Customs and Federal Trade Zone (FTZ) requirements and, notifies the Freight Forwarders or carriers about the pickups time, bookings, equipment and shipping dates required by BMS and coordinates the pickups, bookings, space if it necessary based on shipment priority.
- Generates and maintains shipments and all warehouse transactions in SAP environment and performs as the back-up for the receipts of all incoming materials based on GMP standards and prints labels for material identification and any other area related information.
- Keeps updated and accurate data in the inventory control system (manual and computerized).
- Performs the sampling of raw materials and packaging components received, as well as, periodic sampling of existing materials for re-examination.
- Stores materials according to the manufacturer specification.
- Dispatches and receives materials from manufacturing areas using the proper documentation and process Transfer Orders (TO’s) in the inventory system.
- Performs internal Safety and Quality audits to ensure processes improvements and documents verifications (receiving, sampling, dispatch and shipping) and; ensures that correctives actions generated in Safety and Quality audits are completed and in compliance with GMP requirements.
- Generates work orders, when required, to ensure warehouse optimal operations.
- Handles and properly disposes dangerous goods, potentially dangerous goods, regulated hazardous waste and non-hazardous waste according to procedures and regulations.
- Assures housekeeping across the warehouse complies with procedures and keeps working areas clean and organized.
- Performs inventory cycle counting, reports and investigates discrepancies found during the process.
- Contributes in the revision of procedures and in how to execute daily plans effectively in coordination with the supervisor.
- Maintains forklifts and trucks equipment in optimal and safe conditions.
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma
- Strong computer knowledge in Word, Excel, Power Point, documentation and inventory software such as Trackwise, COSMOS, SAP among others.
- Working knowledge of automated inventory control systems (ex. Bar Code systems)
- Five (5) years experience in warehouse operations in the pharmaceutical manufacturing or regulated industry.
- Candidates with a Technical Degree or Associate Degree will require three (3) years experience in warehouse operations in the pharmaceutical manufacturing or regulated industry.
- One (1) year experience operating warehouse equipment such as Palet Truckt and Forklifts.
- Communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations, teamwork oriented skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Forklift license certification by the Company.
- Willing to work irregular hours, rotative shifts, weekends and holidays •
- Federal background check clearance for Custom and Transportation Security and Transportation agencies is required.
- Capability to lift and moves pallets.
- Requires physical strength for heavy work that requires manual skills and moving a capacity of about 25-60 pounds.
- Capable to work in heights •Frequently requires movements of objects such as lifting, carrying.
- Requires movements of objects such as reaching, handling and fingering, lifting and carrying, pushing and pulling.
#LI-Onsite (for fully onsite roles)
#NIGHT_SHIFT_OPS ( para turnos nocturnos)
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.