Warehouse Specialist (CIF - Supply)
Work Where it Matters
Akima Facilities Operations (AFO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AFO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AFO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, AFO sustains mission readiness and ensures quality of life by maintaining high value assets and operations at peak performance and successfully manages these operations through accurately forecasting, managing, and aggressively controlling costs.
As an AFO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
As directed, the Warehouse Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties which require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan. Work involves the following: Verifying materials against receiving documents, noting, reporting discrepancies and obvious damages; routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods; rearranging, taking inventory of stored materials; examining stored materials, the reporting of deterioration or damage; removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment. This worker may operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Provides effective an efficient customer service
- Input data into an excel database and verifying materials against received documents.
- Operates various forklifts, high rise, and hand or power trucks to arrange, re-locate stock and move equipment throughout the warehouse.
- Selects stock in quantities indicated by the document, report’s location discrepancies and damage to Supervisor. Assembles selected items and moves stock to locations (assembly or pickup areas) within a well-prescribed overall storage plan.
- Unloads conveyances, moves supplies by handcart or other non-mechanized conveyance. Prepares tally sheet and makes proper notations as to receipts overages or shortages. Places stock in appropriate temporary or permanent storage locations, according to specific oral or written instructions and established methods.
- Completes document to show location. Signs for items to show receipt, tallies shipments and completes documents after ensuring that supplies are shipped, properly marked, tagged and in labeled containers.
- Must maintain the warehouse and surrounding areas in a high state of readiness.
- Transfers stock to proper location or establishes new location when the decision is obvious.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience in warehouse functions and 2 years computer experience. Skilled and certified on forklift desired
Pay and Benefits
- $18.37 per hour, plus applicable Health & Welfare fringe dollars as defined under the DOL's Wage Determination.
- Company offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and a range of other voluntary benefits.
- Vacation, holiday and Sick Leave offered will be as defined under the DOL's Wage Determination.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
- Material handling equipment, computer systems, office automation equipment and various forklift equipment.
- Work is generally conducted in a warehouse environment. However, duties may involve the conduct of work out-of-doors with the potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
- Work may require lifting to 50 lbs.; stooping; climbing; prolonged standing; prolonged sitting.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AFO00221