Welder- 1st Shift (123621)
Eaton will provide a one-time signing bonus of $1,000.00, $250 will be paid out after 30 days and another $250 after 90 days, and $500 after six months of employment with Eaton.
Hiring Immediately! Eaton’s Critical Power and Data Infrastructure division is currently seeking a Welder (2nd Shift) to join our team. This position is based at our Worcester, MA facility.
- Pay: $20/hour (10% Shift Diff.)
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401K (6% Match)
- Vacation (Two Weeks Starting Out)
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Perform and set up moderate to complex MIG/TIG and welding operations. Joins surfaces or otherwise fabricates or repairs metal structures or materials by applying various welding processes such as Arc, TIG, MIG, Resistance, Solid State and/or Electroslag. Possesses specialized knowledge of welding technology and metallurgy. Checks completed parts to ensure compliance to Worcester Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required to meet quality goals.
In this function you will:
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- General knowledge of Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS).
- Perform other duties as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- Must have one year welding experience; or an apprenticeship; or completion of welding degree/certification.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Worcester, MA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 1-3 years’ weld experience in light to medium industrial manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of basic shop math and welding symbols.
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or engineering drawings.
- Welding Certification
- Requires frequent standing and bending. Must be able to regularly lift up-to 50-pounds.
- Ability to read written instructions and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and follow standard work.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make informed decisions.
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows based operating systems and programs.
- Ability to use measuring tape, and variable gauges, such as calipers.
- Ability to change tooling/tooling parameters.
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team