MIG/TIG Welder (42692)
The primary focus of this position will be to cut, drill, fit, join, weld/fabricate frames and structures for industrial machinery and automated industrial machinery. This is a cross functional position within the fabrication department. He/she may be required to assist others or work on other machines as required.
· Entry level Technical Associates Degree and 0-2 years’ experience or High School Diploma and 2-4 years technical experience
· Mid-level: Technical Associates Degree and 3-5 years’ experience or High School Diploma and 5-7 years’ experience
· Senior level: Technical Associates Degree and 7+ years’ experience or High School Diploma and 10+ years’ experience
• Operate in a safe manner at all times and use safe work habits while performing job function.
• Notify supervisor immediately in the event of a faulty machine and/or defect materials.
• Set up, adjust and use equipment by adjusting gas flow, wire feed rate and heat settings per standard practices.
• Assemble parts in fixtures or jigs to specifications as requested
• Observes process for defects and makes timely corrections.
• Replaces nozzles, contact tips, weld wire spools, rod, gas bottles and gages as required.
• Inspects work, quality and dimensional requirements and correct parts alignment.
• Performs minor maintenance of the equipment.
• Performs routine record keeping as required.
• Operates other equipment in the Machine Shop such as saws, grinders, drills and various other equipment as required.
• Hand welds various metal parts in compliance with applicable in shop welding requirements and codes.
• Weld components in a flat, horizontal, and vertical positions
• Examine materials and work for defects to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Work from shop drawings, blueprints, sketches, work orders and verbal instructions form the Shop Supervisor/Manager.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work and shop area.
• Performs other duties as assigned to assist the company’s overall objectives
• Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions
• Properly use hand tools in a safe manor and follow all OSHA regulations.
• Maintain reliable attendance.