Cable Tray Welder/Fitter - 2nd Shift (127840)
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Cable Tray Welder/Fitter to join our 2nd shift team. This position is based at our Sherman, TX location.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.In this function you will:
- Set up, understand and proficiently operate all welding equipment.
- Troubleshoot various and appropriate machine problems.
- ID and tag shop orders with product. Retrieve/enter data into system.
- Ensure quality and proper documentation on all parts.
- Maintain components and supplies as required to operate efficiently.
- Weld components based on print specifications.
- Perform 5S & Continuous Improvement activities.
- Rotate to the rigging position as needed, which includes:
- Determine appropriate rung size for ladder assembly in accordance to the Bill of Materials
- Assist with set up of cable tray fixtures in accordance to the Bill of Materials
- Properly affix rungs in position to be tacked and welded.
- Clean welds and verify quality standards are met.
- Unload and safely stack all finished ladders in accordance with shipping requirements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger
Qualifications Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Previous welding experience
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sherman, TX will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Working knowledge of weld operations, to include MIG, TIG of stainless steel and/or aluminum
- Spot-welding experience
- Basic computer skills
- Solid math skills; analytical and reasoning skills
- Able to read, interpret blueprints and use simple measuring tools
Position Success Criteria:
- Able to stand on feet continuously during shift and able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Requires PPE to include safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, leather gloves, and hearing protection (as required in high noise areas).
- Environment exposure includes sharp objects, pinch points, oil, sparks.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime, up to 11.5 hours per day, including Saturdays as needed
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No