Welder - Weekend Shift
Eaton’s Power Distribution and Controls Assemblies Division is currently seeking a Welder – Weekend Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
The Welder is responsible for performing routine welding operations of a repetitive and non-repetitive nature on standard and near-standard assemblies. In this role, you will assist other operators in their work as directed/required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform welding from manufacturing information, bills of material, written and/or oral instructions.
- Operate equipment/machinery to produce parts.
- Interpret work orders including; written, oral, Kanban cards, and drawings.
- Maintain necessary tools and materials for continuous operation.
- Inspect final component against work specifications.
- Perform necessary operator maintenance on machining and fabrication equipment.
- Provide on-the-job training for new operators.
- Perform TPM and 5S+ responsibilities daily.
- Pick up and place scrap in appropriate containers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Welding Certificate or Welding Education from an accredited institution.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Arden, NC facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience with manufacturing fabrication.
- Demonstrated welding ability / knowledge - A welding demonstration is required.
Position Success Criteria:
- Able to lift 35 pounds – waist, shoulder, overhead.
- Able to read calipers and tape measures.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Proven history of safe work habits.
- Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.
- Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No