Production Welder - 2nd Shift
To Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Production Welder to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
The Production Welder will perform routine hand-welding or robotic welding on a repetitive and non-repetitive nature on standard and near-standard assemblies. De-burr, grind, and fit components prior to welding. Grind and polish finished elements as required. Block jig or position parts prior to welding. Assist other operators in their work as directed/required. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.In this function you will:
- Perform work from manufacturing information, bills of material, written and/or oral instructions.
- Utilize manufacturing information, determine necessary parts/inventory, jigs/fixtures, and obtain materials from stock areas
- Provide assistance to other sheet metal fabricators / operators in performance of their duties as required
- Be responsible to deliver material to/from work stations using material handling equipment, position work material on work surface. Ensure correct parts and matching documentation reach next process in a timely fashion
- Operate spot welders and interface with robotic welding
- Complete necessary preparation work such as wiping, degreasing, de-burring, or grinding of components
- Pick up and place scrap in appropriate containers. Documentation/record keeping may be required
- Operate spot welders, arc welders, plasma TIG welder, MIG welder, cutting torch, power grinder, power sanders, hand-tools, bandsaws, drills, temporary fixturing devices, jigs and fixtures, and other metal-fabrication equipment as directed. Inspect parts periodically or as directed utilizing manufacturing information such as drawings / blueprints, make necessary adjustments as required. Keep accurate piece count and other applicable records. Inform Supervisor of any quality problems
- Be responsible for maintenance of equipment such as dressing of welding electrodes, oiling/greasing, machine settings, changing of tooling, and minor adjustments may be necessary. Complete necessary maintenance check sheets and inform Supervisor and / or Maintenance personnel of any problems
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Qualifications Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Experience demonstrating proficiency of welding techniques, shop blueprint/drawing comprehension, and shop math skills
- Preferred welding certification from an accredited institution
- Preferred previous 2-3 years of welding experience or more
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No