Eaton’s IS AER FED division is currently seeking a Seal Welder. Add sentence or two about what the business does/manufactures. Example – We are a leader in….
Insert Unique Benefit information (if relevant). Example – Field Service Representative roles offer company car and guaranteed 40-hour paid week.
The hourly rate for this position is $21.50 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
Selects proper electrodes and holders and regulates current and time. Uses Arc welder and electrode rods to perform tack and bead welds, and oxygen/acetylene torch for cutting metals. Welding certification preferred and one year experience. Operates hand and power tools to grind, bevel, fit metals together, and remove slag.
- Operate automatic strip cut off machine, manual and automated welding machines, and shear to width machine
- Plasma, Tungsten(TIG) arc and Argon gas Welding for high nickel alloys
- Program, set-up, and operate all welding equipment in cell
- Cutting and sanding slugs for welding
- Read process sheet and blueprint for the work order
- Responsible for finished parts conformity to print or specification
- Set up troubleshooting and operation of cell machines
- Measure seals using tools such as micrometers, pi tape, gauge, venires, etc. by checking dimensions as indicated on the blueprints
- Document and control dimension using the SPC (statistically process control)
- Participate in lean and 5S+ activities, as required
- Complete and maintain production line logs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Minimum of 1 year of welder experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Beltsville area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred
- Strong math skills and ability to read/interpret engineering drawings, including GD&T strongly preferred
- Candidate must be able to pass required certifications
- You must be able to lift up to 35 pounds within any given day. The job could require standing on your feet anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. Will require focus evaluations from close proximity and frequent use of hand to eye coordination
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.