Part-time Production Welder - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s ES AMER ESS division is currently seeking a Part-time Production Welder - 2nd Shift to join our team on Badger Dr. in Waukesha, WI!
The hourly rate for this position is $22.30 per hour + $2.50/hr shift premium. T his is a part-time role that will work at least 20 hours per week between 3 pm - 10 pm . This is a great opportunity for a current welding student who is looking to gain experience while completing their education!
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Stop by our Badger Dr. facility on Mondays to learn what makes Eaton a great place to work! Our team hosts Walk-in Interviews on Mondays from 9 am - 4 pm at 2300 Badger Dr., Waukesha, WI 53188! We can't wait to meet with you and show you how Eaton makes what matters work!
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and vacation time - available to use on day one of your employment!
- Paid holidays - up to 12!
- Weekly pay
- Shift premiums - $2.50/hr
- Career progression opportunities to cross-train in different departments and increase compensation.
- Overtime opportunities
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
What you’ll do:
In this function, you will:
- Determine if the material is to specs., also check prints for ECNs, etc., and for the latest revisions
- Operate crane, electric stackers, and other mechanical assists to move, position and unload heavy parts and assemblies
- Check material specifications, dimensions on shop orders and prints or ECN’s against customer specifications for accuracy
- Indicate sub-parts required for cubicle cabinets.
- Operate a MIG welding machine and air grinder to fabricate parts as needed
- Check parts against prints to assure proper dimensions and locations
- Be responsible for proper fit and appearance of the finished part according to quality specifications, using mild and stainless steel
- Set up material in positioner, jig or fixtures. Make simple layouts when required
- Weld or stud weld various types of hardware to part being built
- Tack welds part, adjusting wire feed for proper size weld seam
- Grind excess weld and trim edges for fit of parts and appearance
- Regulate if the material is to specs., also check prints for E.C.O.’s N.C.R.’s, etc. and for latest revisions.
- Operate oxyacetylene cutting/carbon arc torch and how to replace mig torch body, lever switch, and hoses from wire feed to torch body.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/ GED Equivalent OR current enrollment in a high school education from an accredited institution
- Current enrollment in a welding program/certificate from an accredited institution
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS; bend, twist, grab, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, use both hands to lift and lower materials, and perform all other essential duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to pass Eaton Welding Test
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.