Business Operations Manager
Work Where it Matters
Akima Intra-Data (AID), an Akima company, is not just another federal logistics services provider. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AID, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AID provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AID delivers flexible, full-spectrum facilities, maintenance, and repair and logistics services that enable our customers to reduce operating costs, improve productivity, and enhance the value of their existing assets.
As an AID employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
The Business Operations Manager serves as the senior manager that leads the business operations group for the 250-person, facilities maintenance program at Keesler AFB. This position works in tandem with the Program Manager and the Operations Manager to develop and lead a successful project delivery team, ensuring effective management of the business aspects of the Program including financial management, IT services, procurement, inventory management and HR liaison functions. The Business Operations Manager is responsible for managing both project personnel and corporate interactions that support the successful performance, planning, tracking, and reporting of these functional areas.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and lead a team of personnel that provide procurement support (vendors and subcontractors), financial management, HR liaison with Corporate HR Manager, IT support, and inventory management of both Government furnished equipment and company owned assets. Personnel will be exempt, SCA personnel, and collective bargaining personnel.
- Financial: Provide knowledgeable financial support to the PM; manage accounting personnel responsible for correct and timely data input, initial analysis, corporate compliance, and financial reporting. Provide critical insight to preparing and managing program financial requirements that include the following.
* Create, analyze, and update the program financial operating model and budgets associated with the model.
* Establish key financial metrics and manage personnel, data, and activities to meet those metrics
* Analyze financial expenditures and identify opportunities to align expenses with budget
* Lead make/buy analysis to assist with cost containment/avoidance as well as support in-house delivery/portfolio development
* Work closely with PM and Operations Manager to develop work activity forecasts to address both cyclical and unique operational requirements; manage accounting team to effectively incorporate into project financial forecasts/EACs.
* Establish and update project work breakdown structure (WBS) and ensure time reporting against the
* Prepare, track, and manage invoices. Track funding mods to ensure invoicing and funding align.
- Procurement: Manage a team of buyers and a subcontract specialist that support the procurement needs of the program. Coordinate closely with Akima Procurement to ensure personnel are trained and authorized to use Akima purchasing system. Ensure the team will:
* Prioritize purchases to meet contract urgent/priority requirements and mission readiness
* Work with identified requirements to prepare documentation and execute vendor service agreements, subcontract agreements, and purchase orders for materials.
* Use the Akima PO system and comply with corporate requirements to maintain delegated onsite purchasing authority up to $100k
* Develop proposals for government RFPs relating to additional requested services
* Successfully complete annual Akima procurement audits to verify compliance with contract, FAR, and corporate requirements
* Provide timely reports of estimated delivery dates and closely coordinate with operations for timely incorporation into the work
* Serve as expediters on an occasional basis.
* Maintain P Cards for local purchases and ensure timely, monthly PCard resolution.
- Property Control: Manage and maintain Property Control of GFP, GFE and Akima owned equipment and property. Ensure inventory management plan is in place and successfully executed, including internal and external reports, property identified and records maintenance, monthly partial inventories, and annual inventories.
- IT Services: Manage two IT personnel that provide IT support to both Akima and Government computers, cell phones, and radios. Maintain Akima network.
- HR Liaison: Provide HR Liaison services for the team. The HR Liaison is the primary HR resource on site; in addition to posting/updating actions on Taleo, working with recruiting agencies, and participating in job fairs, ensure that as Liaison, delivers all contract and corporate reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain project metrics to assess excellence and to support CPAR development
- Ensure Akima and customer reporting and communications occur as needed in areas of responsibility
- Manage training requirements to ensure Business Office personnel are appropriately trained and certified.
- Assist in tracking contractual obligations and deliverables
- Maintain project files on SharePoint including: contracts & contact modifications, subcontracts, proposals, budgets & plans, schedules, project review materials, reports, deliverables, invoices, leases and agreements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing a team that has project delivery responsibility (Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager, Business Manager, or similar)
- Experience with services contracts for Government client/customers.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, proactive.
- Track record of delivering well-organized and accurate work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- US Citizen with ability to pass a thorough background check.
- MS Excel and Word Proficiency.
- Either possess or capable of attaining a Secret Clearance
- PMP or ability to obtain within first year
- Knowledge of CostPoint
- Deltek Time and Expense experience
- Advanced or Master’s Degree
- Strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project
- Experience using MS SharePoint a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Program & Project Management
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AID00601