Field Operations Electronics Technician ( R-00075225 )
The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Field Operations Electronic Technician for the Surveillance Towed Array Sensor System (SURTASS) program in Virginia Beach, VA. This individual will provide in port maintenance support, repairs services and support for SURTASS mission equipment during T-AGOS ship in port periods and in-port availability periods.
- Provide direct support for and quality control of SURTASS Mission Readiness Availabilities (MRA)/Mission Readiness Reviews (MRR).
- Conduct TL-29A System grooms and module balances. Perform equipment installation and training.
- Prepare operational and maintenance procedures and manuals as required.
- Preparation and submission of required engineering and administrative reports.
- Perform and provide quality assurance for repairs and modifications to equipment, and ensure applicable maintenance standards are met.
- Perform engineering research and analysis on new and existing equipment.
- Act as a liaison/coordinator with contract sponsor, TAGOS ships Master, sponsored ship riders, MILCREW, other SURTASS contractors, MSC, shipyard personnel and other government organizations. CONUS and OCONUS travel will be required.
- Able to accept scheduled and unscheduled CONUS and OCONUS assignments and extensions up to 3 months with limited advance notice based on SURTASS program operational tempo.
- Ability to work at sea on ships, work rotating shifts and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Must have at least an Associate Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Technology, or be a graduate of US Navy electronics “C” school or equivalent civilian electronics technical school. Curriculum must have dealt directly with industrial maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of communications systems, navigations systems, and sonar surveillance systems.
- Must have and be able to maintain a Top Secret clearance level. The selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified material.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. passport.
- 8+ years of related experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of COTS maintenance requirements, and open architecture implications as well as, understanding of the administration of the U.S. Navy Maintenance Material Management System (3M).
- Experienced in civilian or military operations.
- Must have the ability to work under only very general supervision and able to provide training to shipboard assigned electronic maintenance technicians.
- Position may require the ability to perform in and arduous environment.
- Able to pass a mariners Physical per COMSCINST 6000.1.c and must maintain their medical fitness for the position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain an international driving permit to drive on the left side of the road if needed.
- Previous SURTASS ship rider technician experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of SURTASS ARRAYS which includes: TL-29A Twin-line, Low Frequency Active (LFA), Compact Low Frequency Active (CLFA) and High Frequency Marine Mammal Mitigation Sonar (HFM3).
- Three (3) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of the SURTASS PROCESSING SUBSYSTEMS which includes: ICP, UNIX based processing systems, LINUX, Windows, GCCS-M, GPS (Commercial and MIL-STD) & SURTASS COMMS SUBSYSTEMS which includes: SHF, UHF SATCOM and LOS, HF, IFF, SECURE VOICE and DATA CRYPTOs, CMS, EKMS, KMI, SIPRNET, ADNS/CFCP, SIPR and NIPRNET.