Cyber Operations Watch Specialist ( R-00079789 )
The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Cyber Operations Watch Specialist on the DISA GSM-O II program supporting Joint Force Headquarters DODIN at Fort Meade.
This is a shift-work position. You may be assigned to a day-shift, swing-shift (afternoon), or mid-shift (overnight) which will potentially include weekends and/or holidays.
GSM-O II enables Current Operations Command, Control, and defensive cyber operations (DCO) functions across all - Combatant Commands, Service Cyber Components, Agencies, and Field Activities’ (CC/S/A/FAs) Area of Operations (AOs) in addition to 24/7 coordination with USCYBERCOM and other partner agencies.
As a team member on our Cyber Operations Watch Floor, you will:
- Help execute continuous network monitoring and incident/problem resolution.
- Triage events, incidents, and assist with developing AO specific trends.
- Support various collaborative and cross functional (Intelligence, Current Operations, Future Operations, Logistics, Planning, Resourcing and Requirements) forums to achieve centrally coordinated, threat informed and prioritized vulnerability scoring and mitigation methodology.
- Support the development, coordination, release and compliance of orders
- Provide threat analysis, track relevant prioritized incidents and provide recommended reporting requirements in coordination with the Cross Functional Fusion Team.
- Leverage intelligence and operational data, information and processes to identify threats, improve security, and reduce the enterprise’s exposure of vulnerabilities.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance and eligible for polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and 8 years of related experience. Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Security+ Certification (or other equivalent DoD 8570 Level II certification)
- SIEM Tool Experience (ArcSight, Splunk, Wireshark, etc..)
- Knowledge of network and application protocols, cyber vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques and cyber threat/adversary methodologies (TTPs).
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Knowledge of the DoD orders process
- Demonstrated experience briefing Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership.
- Experience in building extended cyber security analytics.
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or cyber Kill Chain methodology.