Manager, Supply Chain Planner, Compliance & Operations
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Associate Manager, CAR-T Supply Planning - Buyer will support the Site Supply Chain organization regarding the development and execution of supply for BMS’s autologous clinical and commercial supply.
This position plays a strategic role in the CAR T Site Supply Chain processes ensuring appropriate inventory management and efficient operations for non-GMP purchasing at JuMP. The Associate Manager serves as a connection to the external corporate Supply Chain functions in procurement, supplier management, and planning. As a member of the JuMP SC, collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to meet objectives and goals.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Planner or buyer with minimum three years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Prior experience interacting with production, marketing, demand planning, pharmaceutical quality and regulatory organizations
- Prior experience planning and/or buying in a multiple manufacturing site and/or contract manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expertise in GMP compliance and FDA/EMA regulations.
- Demonstrate excellence in written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and to develop and maintain strong business partner relationships.
- Innovative, proactive, and resourceful; committed to quality and continuous improvement.
- Ability to anticipate and mitigate challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hands-on team player willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, accountability, and professional maturity are required.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Able to synthesize information into a presentation appropriate to the organizational-level of the audience. Able to summarize information concisely and communicate it using appropriate medium.
- Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Strong PC experience, Microsoft Office Suite experience required including; Excel; Outlook; PowerPoint.
- Oracle EBS / Advance Supply Chain Planning or SAP experience required.
- APICS certification is a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the activities of the supply chain for autologous products non GMP material, which include but not limited to, submission of orders and troubleshoot open orders.
- Develop buying strategies for non GMP raw materials used in autologous product manufacturing and ensure enough supply to support uninterrupted manufacturing.
- Use the Supply Chain Planning Systems to generate raw material purchase orders based on inventory policies and supply chain constraints.
- Generate inventory projections and other KPIs and reports for S&OP purposes.
- Support multiple supply chain projects associated with the set-up and product launch for autologous therapies and all life-cycle management activities.
- Responsible for all aspects of PO life cycle; generation, order follow-up & invoice management
- Set up and maintain purchasing parameters required for buying.
- Provide primary point of contact for day-to-day decision-making and elevation/resolution of issues relating to purchase orders for non GMP materials supporting autologous products.
- Escalate business critical decisions points to management.
- Identify opportunities and support the creation of new business processes to support supplying autologous products.
- Lead cross-functional projects and convene cross-functional meetings to resolve issues.
- Partner with other stakeholders to create and implement best practices.
- Support completion of Deviations, CAPAs and Change Controls and serve as SME for Supply Chain organization for quality records.
- Support inspection readiness initiatives.
- Serve as the Project Manager for SC projects and Operation Excellence initiatives.
- Champion and foster a positive and successful collaborative culture, aligned with Juno’s existing culture.
- Act as subject matter expert for Supply Chain oversight of non GMP procurement during regulatory inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; bend; stretch; use hands and fingers, with various manipulations; reach with hands and arms; and effectively communicate with others in the workplace, including the ability to make and promptly respond to audible cues and warnings.
- The incumbent will be required to work in an office environment potentially requiring ergonomic considerations.
- The incumbent will be required to work in a conference room environment for moderate periods of time.
- Occasional excursions to laboratories or production areas requiring some level of gowning.
- Exposure to manufacturing, laboratory, mechanical and warehouse environments.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.