Senior Operations Manager / DHMSM ( R-00081846 )
The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMS Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries.
Leidos is currently searching for a senior-level Operations Manager to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program.
The candidate will review, design, implement ongoing improvements to Service Management practices and drive metrics across LPDH sustainment efforts. Sustainment of the EHR includes directing LPDH personnel in monitoring of the overall operational system; driving end-to-end Service Management incident, problem, and event management; improving incident management systems, reports and processes; coordinating fixes/patches in conjunction with Release Management teams; and ensuring acceptable system performance and availability. Ownership of priority incidents (patient safety or other critical issues) and ensuring completion of root cause analysis is included in this role. The successful candidate will have experience in working across a matrixed team to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate the planning of all DHMSM support activities and coordinate resources as necessary.
- Analyze metrics and technical configurations and provides recommendations on the best alternatives.
- Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Implement a standardized framework that aligns the organization's information technology services with a catalog of services. Develop and manage procedures, practices, resources, and tools to ensure successful delivery of services.
- Lead weekly service operations meetings apprising senior Government leadership of SLA performance, network and system operations, security, remediation activities, performance impacts, system outages, and other operational matters.
- Proactively identify and remediate risks, issues, and dependencies, ensuring timely resolution.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in an engineering field from an accredited university. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum 15+ years’ experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain an ADP IT-II Public Trust Clearance based on the minimum of a Tier 3 investigation. Federal Government requirement.
- Demonstrated expertise in Enterprise Operations, including management of dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated experience in operations and maintenance of complex IT application solutions in a large scale, distributed enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience Data Center and ITIL Processes.
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of life-cycle system engineering (SELC) and transition from legacy systems.
- Displaying strong leadership and collaboration skills in working with stakeholders and project team members to manage, inform and influence outcomes.
- Demonstrating ability to adapt to changing demands and work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong leadership and accountability skills with a focus on delivering results.
- Experience interfacing and presenting to executive level customers.
- Development and collection of performance metrics, including KPIs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Experience with large scale complex government programs which include Government Contracts Management.
- At least 7+years of proven experience managing an operation with at least 100 personnel delivering Operations Support Service.
- Additional ITIL Certifications.
- Healthcare IT experience.
- Experience with large complex EHR support operations, Cerner EHR experience highly preferred.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.