Senior Manager QC Operations
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb in Devens, MA is searching for an energetic Senior Manager QC Operations to join our Quality team! As our QC Operations Senior Manager, you will be providing technical/scientific support for the fast paced, cross functional quality control laboratory in establishing and monitoring testing procedures, investigations, technical transfer of methods, training of staff, and analysis of data and trends.
This position requires on-site presence
- Trains, mentors, and leads staff, that are responsible for delivering quick turn, forward processing results for routine testing and non-routine testing for both commercial and clinical manufacturing facilities in a GMP environment.
- Maintains methods and procedures, to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures as well as current industry standards.
- Reviews data obtained for compliance to specifications and reports abnormalities.
- Provides technical and operational expertise for training and developing staff, assisting in troubleshooting, and performing investigations for out of specification results.
- Writes technical reports and reviews and revises standard operating procedures as needed.
- Performs data analysis and trending for method transfers and process investigations.
- Leads projects related to quality control programs as assigned
- 4+ years of direct organizational leadership required
- Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in a life science or its equivalent. A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a QC lab or experience in a related GLP or GMP laboratory.
- Strong technical experience with HPLC based methodologies, in accordance with USP, EP and ACS.
- Operational knowledge with the following analytical instruments, UV/Vis, SoloVPE, HPLC, TOC analyzers.
- Previous experience with method transfers is desired.
- Experience with LIMS and Smart lab computer applications a plus.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.