Director, CTO Strategy & Operations (R1558983-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Scope of the role:
The Director, Cell Therapy Operations (CTO) Strategy & Operations will be a key member of the CTO Strategy & Business Operations team and will be responsible for strategic planning, supporting and maintaining the development of the organization’s strategic roadmap, and leading key business operations activities. The Director will partner with stakeholders across the organization to deliver well informed and actionable strategic plans and ensure that robust business operations processes support the organization. In addition, the role will be responsible for ensuring that advances and evolutions in the Cell Therapy field are identified and incorporated into the organization’s strategic plans.
The Director, CTO Strategy & Operations provides the Cell Therapy Operations (CTO) organization strategic planning and business operation support in the following areas:
- Leads strategic planning for key organizational initiatives that support the delivery of CTO’s short-term and long-term goals and objectives
- Supports the development of the organization’s strategic roadmap by partnering with the head of the CTO Strategy & Business Operations function and key stakeholders across the organization
- Monitors the organization’s progress on delivering strategic objectives, identifies risk to delivery, develops mitigation strategies, and conducts detailed impact analysis on the strategic roadmap as issues arise
- Conducts detailed qualitative and quantitative analyses to support the development of organizational strategy
- Develops, implements, and manages effective and efficient business operations processes to support the delivery of CTO’s goals and objectives
- Develops strong relationships with Business Partners (e.g. IT, HR) to enable the effective identification and implementation of strategic priorities for the organization
- Supports the development of a strong network of Strategy & Business Operations colleagues within the different functional areas
- Supports the development of a strong culture across the organization
Professional experience and qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Life Sciences or related field.
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)
- 10+ years of experience within the Pharmaceutical or Biotech Industry (Cell Therapy experience preferred)
- 2-5 years of management consulting experience (preferred)
- Proven expertise in conducting detailed analyses and developing strategic plans
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing critical business operations processes
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management, and familiarity with fundamental project management principles
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing transformational change
- Experience in engaging and motivating people, and developing organizational talent
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations to senior leadership
- Strong Data Analyses and Analytics skills
- Project Management principles (PMP Certification Preferred)
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications (preferred)
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Knowledge of regulatory/industry requirements to work in a tightly regulated environment
- Strategic thinking in ambiguous situations
- Agile mindset and ways of working
Travel: This role requires about 25% travel.
Additional professional and personal requirements include:
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Experienced in leading change and a demonstrated ability to accomplish results and meet deadlines and commitments.
- Possesses strong collaboration, delegation and interpersonal communications skills and shares critical information with project team and senior leaders.
- Demonstrated analytical and logic skills with a focus on fact-based decision making.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.