Security Operations Center Operations Manager
At Leidos, we help our customers execute programs for the world’s most critical missions. We respond to challenges and deliver next generation of agile, cohesive solutions for today’s rapidly changing environment. Leidos has an opening for a Security Operation Center (SOC) Operations Manager supporting the needs of a federal agency within the Washington DC area. The SOC Operations Manager will provide leadership, direction, and hands-on management for delivery of 24x7 mission enabling cybersecurity.
The SOC Operations Manager is a key leadership role in the success and overall growth of the program. The successful candidate will lead in designing current and future solutions that are consistent with industry best practices while maintain strong knowledge of emerging technologies. The SOC Operations Manager will interface and collaborate with customers, peer groups, and leadership to establish and continuously improve the offering.
The SOC Operations Manager will be responsible for building the team and ensuring successful delivery of security services to include monitoring and threat detection, incident response, threat hunting, incident management, vulnerability scanning, and forensic investigations. The successful candidate will plan, direct, and manage the high-tempo day-to-day activities across the SOC. He/she will drive implementation and improvement of tools, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies across all teams and provide accountability for the timeliness and quality of reporting produced by the team.
- US Citizenship
- Public Trust with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- CISM, CISSP, GSLC or CCISO Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a cyber related discipline and 5+ years of prior relevant work experience within IT/Cybersecurity
- Minimum of 2+ years of direct staff management experience in delivery of information systems or computer network support services
- Advanced knowledge in planning, directing, and managing Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) and/or SOC operations for a complex enterprise.
- Managed 24x7x365 SOC while establishing operational rhythm and standards
- Establish and maintain a forward-leaning operational tempo that includes continual validation and improvement across all SOC functions
- Experience working with SIEM/SOAR technologies
- Knowledgeable with EDR technologies
- Experience reporting on Multi-tenant SOC activities and deliver SOC recommendations in accordance with government and contractual requirements
- Develop processes, procedures, and SOPs for operational capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts and frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cyber security lapses as they relate to the cyber security area of expertise
- In-depth understanding of cyber security architectures, technical platforms, threat management standards and industry best practices
- Technical (hands-on) experience with SIEM/SOAR Technologies, Malware Analysis, Security Monitoring, Cyber Security Compliance, Cyber Security Risk assessments, and technical procedure documentation
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Proficient with creating Dashboards and Reports
- Experience supporting federal government strongly preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with the fundamental of agile project management
- Experience working in both Classified and Unclassified operations
- Experience working with SOC environments supporting multi-tenant environments and/or delivering Managed Security Services
- Up to 10%
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.