Supv, Reg Operations Line&Sub East
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Jersey Central Power & Light, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [JCPL]
This position is a Relay Supervisor, based out of the Lakewood-Squankum Service Center location.
This position supervises employees engaged in complex construction, maintenance, repair, testing, and operation of the electric transmission and distribution system.
- Demonstrating and directing a solid commitment to all aspects of safety
- Directing and supervising employees engaged in electric transmission and distribution relay work
- Directing relay and substation personnel on the installation and testing of new equipment including but not limited to: Electromechanical and microprocessor relays, CCVT’s, transformers, and circuit breakers using various equipment and software like Doble Protection Suite, RTS, a CT tester, AcSELerator Quickset and Enoserve. Ensure all required maintenance work is performed accurately, records are maintained and can be provided for audit purposes. Maintain mandated system reliability standards as implemented by FirstEnergy to address compliance with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), NERC, and other cyber properties (CIP); along with the annual training required for these guidelines. Perform Investigations and document mis-operations on lines and equipment
- Responding and supervising resources during emergency conditions to support public safety and system reliability, as well as supervising and dispatching service restoration crews during major storms
- Monitoring the activities of employees and enforcing conformance to established work practices and methods, (according to Preferred Practices Manual, Accident Prevention Handbook, Safety Specifications and Construction Standards)
- Requesting and coordinating the availability of necessary equipment, tools, materials, and supplies required
- Coordinating work with other departments and scheduling construction, maintenance, repair, or test work
- Demonstrating sound internal and external customer service
- Counseling employees, recommending corrective actions required to meet performance standards, and acknowledging good work and work habits
- Implementing instruction and training of relay employees in the established work practices and methods utilized throughout the department
- Administering Company and Regional Absenteeism Management Program and Regional Safety Plan
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5-7 years’ related work experience in an electrical field is required. Related work experience includes hazard responding, knowledge of construction and maintenance practices, procedures, work methods, materials, equipment, and tools which would be used to determine the resources necessary to perform construction and maintenance work activities
- An advanced level of relay knowledge and experience in operations, repair, and construction of assigned Transmission and Distribution area
- Some supervisory experience is preferred
- Advanced level knowledge of relay principles and operation of electric transmission and distribution systems
- Able to learn various computer applications (CREWS, SAP, POWERON, GIS) and Microsoft Office
- Able to read, alter, and communicate complex prints and specifications to personnel
- Able to coach, mentor, engage, and inspire people to excel in their roles
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied electricity including AC and DC circuits and equipment
- Possess a questioning attitude to learn, produce results, and develop relationships
- Effective leadership skills to communicate with and direct work of others to ensure safety and produce satisfactory work results
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team