Network Operations Engineer ( R-00087729 )
Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Engineer at MacDill AFB, FL.
The Network Operations Engineer will support the GSM-O program which provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
• Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
• Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
• Perform various complex software development tasks.
• Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
• Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
• Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
• Provide mentorship and act as a technical resource for lower level network engineers on the team.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4-8 years of overall related experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or equivalent to meet requirement.
• Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
• Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, F5 appliances, and Splunk systems
• Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
• Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers.
• Experience with ports and protocols.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
• Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
• Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
• Pearl or other language scripting capable of running backup confits and other scripting to pull information from Cisco/Juniper routers
• IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• Security certification and/or knowledge of DDoS and other attack vectors experienced in today' networks.
• Crypto configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• Layer 2/3 VPN and Firewall knowledge and experience.
• Physical cable plant and wiring experience.
• Certifications with major network system vendors such as Cisco are a strong plus.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
• Extensive network integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.