Manager, Facilities & Lab Operations
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Facilities Operations Manager will offer financial, site service, EHS, and project-related support within the Facilities Services group, with a predominant focus on lab services. This role will offer support with vendor management.
- Review cost center account structures and allocated charges and recommend changes to ensure costs are appropriately distributed.
- Develop procedures/systems for managing and reporting the expense budget for multiple sites.
- Track and report ongoing department expenditures versus the budget and/or projections.
- Maintain and promote a clear understanding of company policies, performance metrics, and systems and use them to manage multiple expense budgets.
- Utilize analytical skills to identify data inconsistencies, investigate the source, and propose solutions.
- Maintain detailed and functional familiarity with the facilities database systems and processes.
- Work independently to plan and organize multiple and diverse tasks.
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of general site operations and facilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of organizational structure, operating culture, effective work styles, and achieving results in an innovative environment.
- Provide regional IFM contract support and training for Site Contractor Managers to ensure consistency in managing site expenses and processes.
- Provide administrative support of Soft & Hard Services – JLL Contracts
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business-related discipline, and 5-8 years of experience working within a facilities organization; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience supporting or working in a lab setting strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-volume, multi-site responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks as needed
- Accounting and budget process knowledge
- Understanding of financial systems and how they’re related to management of a department’s budgets and expense tracking
- Understanding of the maintenance work order system (CMMS)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Ariba, SAP, Maximo, and SharePoint
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.