Supv, Reg Operations Line&Sub, West (Relay & Controls) (57946)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Met-Ed, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [ME]
This Substation Supervisor, located in Easton or Reading PA, directs and supervises substation employees engaged in complex construction, maintenance, repair, testing and operation of transmission and distribution substation facilities and associated equipment as well as ducted underground network facilities and associated equipment.
- Demonstrating and directing a solid commitment to all aspects of safety
- Directing and supervising employees engaged in complex construction, maintenance, repair, testing and operation of electric transmission & distribution systems.
- Developing and maintaining a strong awareness and personal accountability for safety among employees reporting to this position.
- Monitoring the activities of employees and enforcing conformance to established work practices and methods (Preferred Practices Manual, Accident Prevention Handbook, Safety Specifications and Construction Standards) while maintaining a high level of safety commitment throughout day-to-day functions.
- Implementing instruction and training of employees in the established work practices and methods utilized throughout the department.
- Understanding and following procedures, safe work practices and compliance with the terms and conditions of the labor agreement.
- Requesting and coordinating the availability of necessary equipment tools, materials and supplies required.
- Coordinating work with other departments and assisting with development of work plan; ensuring requirements of construction schedule are achieved.
- Carrying out work plan through adherence to work scope, priority, resource optimization and sharing; ensuring timely and cost-efficient completion of work which includes assurance that close out information is forwarded to the appropriate entities.
- Counseling employees, recommending corrective actions required to meet performance standards and acknowledging good work and work habits.
- Administering Company and Regional Absenteeism Management Program and Regional Safety Plan.
- Driving continuous improvement across the business unit and FirstEnergy.
- Responding to emergency conditions to support public safety and system reliability.
- Continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and broaden/deepen relationships; anticipating customers' needs and propose alternative solutions when necessary.
- Executing the performance management process by providing feedback and coaching on an ongoing basis throughout the year by discussing development opportunities, performance issues, and changes that are occurring.
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of 5 - 7 years related experience in an electrical field is required. Related work experience is hazard responding, knowledge of construction and maintenance practices, procedures, work methods, materials, equipment and tools which would be used to determine the resources necessary to perform construction and maintenance work activities.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of protective relaying as it applies to transmission, sub-transmission, and distribution is preferred.
- An advanced level of knowledge and experience in operations, repair and construction of assigned Transmission and Distribution area.
- Previous management / leadership experience preferred.
- Highly driven, self-motivated, and enthusiastic leader capable of communicating, motivating, and driving workforces toward positive change and improvement.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and the ability to lead others in achieving goals for the benefit of the business unit and FirstEnergy.
- Demonstrated ability to both contribute to and execute an agreed upon strategy for driving improvement in an organization.
- Knowledge of applied electricity to include AC and DC electrical circuits and equipment.
- Knowledge of industry preferred practices and methods and the construction standards relating to electric transmission and distribution systems.
- Thorough knowledge of industry General Safety Specifications, Accident Prevention Handbooks, and the clearance and switching control procedures.
- Able to learn various computer mainframe applications (SAP, POWERON, GIS, Cascade and Syclo) and PC applications to include Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Able to make field drawings as required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communications skills.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team