Logistics Specialist, Warehouse Operations
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Specialist is responsible for coordinating and supporting all aspects of the Warehouse Operations
department related to logistics planning and customs import needs and serves as a liaison to other
departments as needed in support of projects, document changes, and logistics investigations. The
Specialist will be the primary site contact for customs transportation requirements and communications,
and logistics planning. The Specialist will support training, documentation, deviations, change controls,
standard operating procedures, protocols, complaints, and policies.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of handling hazardous material
• Basic time-management, organizational, and multi-tasking abilities
• Basic teamwork and facilitation skills
• Intermediate knowledge of cGMP, OSHA, DEA, USP, and EP
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Ability to solve routine and complex problems
• Ability to work independently for periods of time
• Ability to work within or lead a cross-functional team to support site/department projects
• Ability to prepare written communications and communicate problems to management with
clarity and accuracy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides support to Warehouse Operations within the appropriate GMP System
• Deviation/Investigation, Logistics Events
• Change Control
• SOP revision/creation
Organizes shipment transportation activities:
- Coordinates shipment of finished goods, with applicable documentation and exportation requirements.
- Performs scheduling and shipment of cross dock materials for offsite storage.
- Supports Global Planning to maintain desired inventory levels and required market distribution timelines.
- Documents, investigates, and corrects logistics discrepancies and system issues
Organizes inbound logistics transportation scheduling:
- Plans inbound material requirements with support from Supply Management and Global Planning
- Schedules and coordinates transportation for inbound materials, along with providing necessary documentation to complete transport requirements
- Provides guidance on transportation requirements and timelines to support material movements.
- Coordinates U.S. Customs activities for importation of international materials, including necessary documentation and logistics related requirements.
Provides support for shipping and receiving activities
- Performs receiving, checking, and verification of in-bound materials including small package, freight, temperature controlled, GMP and HAZMAT
- Performs preparation and shipment of out-bound materials including small package, freight, temperature controlled, GMP and HAZMAT
- Performs Shipment of Finished Goods, along with confirmatory steps and communications upon shipment
- Performs transfer of raw material and components required for cross dock storage.
Provides support to Warehouse Operations
- Initiation of warehouse operations logistics related deviations, events, and completion of investigations
- Initiation of warehouse operations logistics related CAPA and change controls
- Data entry of transactions related to receiving, inter-warehouse movement/transfer and shipping
- Communicate effectively with department and cross-functional peers; participate in project teams
- •Compile department/site trending information
- Performs technical data review
Performs general administrative and organizational activities
- Maintain all necessary logistics documentation including Import/Export documents, Declared Value Conformation and Declaration of Dangerous Goods, to meet transportation requirements, with support from Global Customs and Trade Compliance.
- Maintains use of qualified shipping lanes
- Supports assessment of storage and shipping lanes and requirements
- Serves as site lead for Overhaul GPS and Berlinger temperature monitoring requirements and systems
- Initiates, completes, and files required documentation as applicable
- Ordering of non-inventoried warehouse operations supplies
- Understand and follow department and site SOPs
Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Distribution preferred
• 3-year relevant work experience suggested, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment
• Preferred previous DOT/IATA Training with related experience handling HAZMAT materials
• An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute
• The incumbent will be required to push, pull, reach, balance, and/or lift greater than 20 lbs. for
2 hours, approximately 5 times per week
• The incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time, up to 6 hours per day
• The incumbent may be working around hazardous materials to include chemical agents at least
2 hours per day
• The incumbent may be working around heavy machinery, such as forklifts, 4 hours per day
• Position may require travel (most likely not to exceed 10%)
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.