Manager, GMP Operations, Facilities
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The main purpose of the GMP Facilities Operations Manager will be to manage the facility maintenance and calibration planning program and administratively manage the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) for GMP and Non-GMP utility equipment and instrumentation. The incumbent in this role will have specific job tasks and processes to develop and follow to perform their job. The GMP Facilities Operations Manager supports the successful operation of facility and business functions at multi-use GMP sites through interaction with internal customers and external service providers. The role is expected to be able to identify issues or unmet needs and initiates projects or programs to address them. This individual works independently to complete assignments and oversees the successful completion of tasks. Using solid analytical skills, the incumbent can recognize problems of moderate scope and complexity, and independently, develop potential solutions and courses of action. This individual represents the work group on multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams and uses established relationships to influence and lead teams and stakeholders with fact-based, business value knowledge.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of building systems including life-safety, lighting, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Knowledge of critical utility systems such as compressed gas, vacuum, waste, as well as security and key managements systems and policies
- Strong knowledge of facility management systems such as CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems).
- Maintains a high level of multi-tasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills. Ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced GMP environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
- Familiarity with FDA / cGXP environments and associated compliance regulations
- Adept in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, Visio and the ability to learn new software, such as enterprise business, building management, security, and maintenance management systems.
- Proficient at writing well-formulated emails and notifications. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors. Ability to follow oral and written instructions, read, interpret and update engineering manuals/drawings relevant to the trade or the assigned task
- Self-starter who is able to work both independently without direct supervision or in a team environment
- Knowledge of FDA regulations and local building codes
- Technical Knowledge
- Problem Solving / Troubleshooting
- Team Player
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented / Tenacity
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Facility Planning & Scheduling
- Manage facility planners to coordinate maintenance and calibration activities for 3 sites within New Jersey.
- Develop planning and scheduling program to harmonize business operations with facility maintenance and calibration activities
- Develop vendor management program for shared resources across all sites
- Develop a process for resource transparency across all sites
- Lead planning and scheduling meetings with Facility Management team to review upcoming preventative maintenance, calibration and demand work orders
- Lead planning and scheduling meetings with Business Process team to review upcoming preventative maintenance, calibration and demand work orders to minimize operational impacts
- Identify the need for vendor staff augmentation to support increased demand due to project work or peak loads
- Institute a plan to level existing workload and develop a strategy to maintain a steady workload throughout a calendar year
- Lead in CMMS upgrades, enhancements and revisions for the Facilities Department while working alongside a project team, including QA, IT and Validation
- Assist in CMMS validation plans and act as the lead for Facility deliverables
- Assist in defining user requirements and business process workflows to align CMMS configuration with maintenance and calibration programs and planning needs
- Lead the development of CMMS use procedures, training courses and administering training
- Consult with internal departments such as QA, Manufacturing Operations, Validation and IT for input on the Administration of the CMMS
- Lead a migration plan for standardizing the CMMS from multiple systems to a single system across NJ sites.
- Manages a staff for the data entry of new, revised and decommissioned utility equipment and instrument assets within CMMS
- Manages the routing of new, revised or decommissioned assets requests for review and approval by the Area Facility Management, Business Process Owner, Validation and Quality
- Manage continuous surveys of equipment for asset attribute accuracy and tagging of equipment
Preventative Maintenance Work Plans
- Manages a staff for the data entry of new, revised and decommissioned utility equipment PMs and instrument calibration work plan and measurement data templates within CMMS
- Manages the routing of new, revised or decommissioned maintenance or calibration requests for review and approval by Facility Management, Business Process Owner, Validation and Quality
- Assists in Vendor contract scope of work documents to support maintenance plans and repairs
- Assist in communicating enhancements to preventative maintenance work plans from technician feedback according to executed PMs
- Manage, organize and issue CMMS metrics for routine evaluations by Facility Management and the Business Process Owners
- Prepare metrics into formats for presentation and assessment against KPIs
- Assist in KPI for internal department and vendor evaluations
- Act as a liaison between Business Process Owner and Facility Department for KPI feedback and evaluations
- Develop and manage a spares part inventory system within the CMMS
Vendor & Facility Contract Management
- Oversee facility vendor SOWs and contracts, to ensure compliance with planned and demand maintenance activities.
- Evaluate vendor performance according to KPIs and work order metrics
- Track vendor training and compliance against internal safety and GMP training requirements
- Coordinate vendors according to PM and Operation schedules
- Promotes and maintains compliance with corporate, safety, security and regulatory policies.
- Maintains all assigned Corporate, Facilities, GMP and EHS training as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA / BS degree in engineering, engineering management, industrial science, technology or engineering or relevant degree and experience
- Minimum 10 years of facilities maintenance/ operations experience at and industrial or commercial site or related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 to 5 years of GMP facility experience
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.