Operations Coordinator – Load Planning
Location: Onsite, Charlotte North Carolina
Shift: M-F 10:30-7:00 pm
What will you do?
The ADS Operations Coordinator will communicate, plan, and execute activities of the Ashley Distribution Services (ADS) partner carriers to maximize the productivity of partner carriers and attain scheduled delivery dates. They will enforce the routing guide and find alternative load coverage when necessary.
Plan and assign loads departing the distribution center or connecting at remote lots or rail yard locations to attain scheduled deliveries. Plan and assign loads for third-party customers to attain scheduled deliveries.
Determine partner carrier capabilities and the number of loads that will be tendered to partner carriers or sent to our brokerage department.
Configure routes from orders received for geographical areas throughout North America on a time-sensitive basis; place priority on the shipments as appropriate.
Coordinate communication and activity with Customer Service, Shipping, and other departments to optimize performance in scheduling and delivery. Communicate with carriers on work to be performed to assist with maximizing efficiency.
Maintain and schedule carrier capacity
Monitor and record issues with carriers and loads; offer recommendations for continuous improvement.
What will you need?
· High School Diploma or equivalent, Required
· 2 years of dispatch, transportation, and/or customer service experience, Required
· Ability to learn geographic time and distance
· DOT hours of service regulations
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Work independently as well as in a team environment
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Maintain confidentiality
· Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
· Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
· Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
· Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
· Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
· Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and external customers
· Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
Growth-Focused is one of our core values. We are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, coaching, and investing in the latest design tools, production equipment, and new technologies.
Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve people’s lives worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates, only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.