Pharmacovigilance Operations Fellowship (Remote Option Available) – Hiring Our Heroes
This posting is intended for the Hiring Our Heroes, Corporate Fellowship Program. Only those US active military members registered with Hiring Our Heroes should apply.
The Global Clinical Safety & Pharmacovigilance (GCS&PV) organization aims to improve public health by assuring the safe use of our products worldwide through proactive safety assessment, effective risk management and transparent risk communication throughout the developmental and marketed product life cycle, while ensuring quality and global compliance. Our team -- Business System Management and Innovation (BMSI) -- is focused on ensuring the IT systems used within GCS&PV meet the needs of our colleagues in performing their important business functions.
Through close partnership with MRL IT – as well as key external partners – the BSMI team maintains a continuous focus on system performance. By ensuring timely resolution to any issues – and an unwavering focus on technology enhancements, BSMI works closely with Business Process Owners to identify opportunities for PV systems to increase process efficiencies, while remaining compliant with global requirements. The US based members of our team are in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, with one additional teammate located in the Netherlands.
Your Fellowship Project
We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual to work with us as we embark upon a transformational IT implementation, which will fundamentally change how we perform our PV Operations and the systems we use to perform them.
You will partner with PV Operations team members, as well as other key stakeholders, to analyze and plan all key elements of a major IT installation. You will be a key contributor to multiple project teams as they assess current operational practices, identify efficiencies, and support all aspects of change management critical to project management success.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to build or expand your career in understanding pharmacovigilance business processes and systems. You will be given the opportunity to challenge and grow your talents through progressive on the job training and development of interpersonal and leadership skills.
The intent of the fellowship is to:
- Plan and manage gap analyses of current state and future state processes
- Assist in impact assessments of potential and planned changes
- Serve on project workstreams with deliverables supporting data migration and integration
- Support project leadership in any ad hoc / peak demand areas
Benefits of Fellowship
- Mentoring & networking opportunities within the department and across functions
- Exposure to pharmacovigilance case processing and signal management through PV operational activities
- Direct experience in managing project activities in support of a major IT system implementation
- Exposure to functional area leaders within Global Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Safety (GRACS)
- Hands-on experience in business processes
- Opportunity to hone project management skills
Experience/Skills We are Looking for:
- Strong communication abilities, written, verbal, and interpersonal –
- Willingness to speak up and comfortable with bringing forward new ideas
- Effective collaboration, project management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
- Work experience in a results-driven environment
- Strategic/critical thinking
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Interest in learning IT solutions and expanding capabilities beyond standard Microsoft Suite applications
Primary Work Site/Schedule
- Hybrid Office Environment (onsite/remote) at the following Merck Locations: Upper Gwynedd, PA
- Monday – Friday
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.