2023 HR Operations - Service Delivery Specialist Intern
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Support division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
HR Operations – Service Delivery Specialist
The HR Operations – Service Delivery Specialist reports directly to the HR Operations Team Leads responsible for Disability Management & Talent Acquisition.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Review of current processes related to Disability Management to identify areas of improvement and then communicate recommendations to HR Operations Leadership.
- Close collaboration with members of functional areas within Human Resources as well as other non-HR areas to design and implement identified & approved process improvements and then measure results & impact.
- Execution of processes related to the 2023 Early Talent (Intern) hiring within the US market.
- Support of processes including - background check screening, tracking proper documentation required for internship assignments, communicating with Hiring Managers and Intern Candidates to coordinate Start Date/Onboarding-related activities & ensuring a positive experience for both groups.
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must be pursuing a bachelor's degree in a similar field.
- Candidates must have strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Candidates must have a continuous improvement approach to proactive & reactive problem solving.
- Candidates must have a collaborative mindset.
- Candidates must have the ability to effectively partner with others to achieve a common goal within an established timeline.
- Candidates must have a sense of urgency.
- Candidates must have the ability to adapt and work well within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Candidates must have an interest in the field of Human Resources.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Candidates should have MS Outlook experience.
- Candidates should have MS Excel experience.
- Candidates should have MS PowerPoint experience.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
For positions located in the United States and Puerto Rico – Subject to applicable law, all new hires (including internal transfers) must demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or that they qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement. New hires (including internal transfers) to a position that, as determined by the Company, requires routine collaboration with external stakeholders (such as roles in health services or customer-facing commercial or research-based roles) (“Customer-Facing Role”) who are not vaccinated must qualify for a medical or religious exemption and be in a position that the Company determines can accommodate unvaccinated employees without causing an undue burden to business operations. If, following dialog with the candidate as appropriate, it is determined that the candidate either a) does not qualify for a religious or medical exemption or, b) for candidates applying for Customer-Facing roles, it is determined that allowing the candidate to work without vaccination would cause an undue burden to the Company, the candidate will be ineligible for hire or transfer, or any offer of employment or transfer (if applicable) will be revoked. Please note that notwithstanding the approval of any reasonable accommodation, the Company reserves the right to monitor, modify, or revoke any such accommodation if it is determined, following dialog with the employee, that the accommodation is no longer effective or results in an undue burden to the Company.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Travel Requirements:No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:Hybrid
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:No
Number of Openings:1