Service Operations Analyst
DescriptionJob Description:Service Operations Analyst
Location: Skypark, Glasgow, UK
Explore and Discover what it’s like working for Leidos…
We are in search of a Service Operations Analyst to join Leidos UK, based in our Skypak office based in Glasgow, UK..
The main responsibility of the role is to perform a pivotal role in the Service Management Centre (SMC), taking on specific responsibilities and owning areas.
- Dealing with enquiries, requests and escalations and taking the appropriate action
- Monitor Service Queues within the Service Management tools, ensuring that Engineer teams are responding timely to incidents and requests
- Managing Licence Management across the service/s, raising and purchasing of required licences, on & off boarding management. Ensuring at all-times governance adhered too
- Provide support of the Problem Management process through triage and identification, ensuring Problems and tracked and progressed
- Provide support of the Request Management Process, ensuring requests are fulfilled within SLA
- Ensuring ITIL Best practice is adhered to within the service and engineering teams
- Collating Weekly/Monthly Service Reporting from the varying data sources, ensuring they are provided to the Service Delivery Manager ahead of meetings for validation
- Contributes to the continuous refinement of processes in conjunction with other Service Management and Service Operations Teams
- Manages and maintains process documentation, records information held on relevant systems (Vector, ServiceNow, and Remedy) produces and publishes agreed reports and event plans
- Support preparation and writing of reports, newsletters and other documents to keep staff informed of important changes
Specific Change Management Responsibilities:
- Coordinates Change Evaluation and Change Management in collaboration with internal / external teams
- Set up and run twice weekly Client Technical Advisory Board (TAB), creating agendas to send prior to the meeting and capturing meeting minutes to distribute after – ensuring there are no clashes within each environment that could be impactful
- Managing the client Change Management mailbox, actioning and filing correspondence accordingly
- Managing the Change Process, ensuring all Leidos/client resource are aware of any changes to the process
- Attends internal CAB and responsible for assessing Changes and the potential impact on service
- Communicating with client to ensure full approval and to make them are aware of any service impacting Changes and vice versa
- Creating and distributing communications received into the Change Management inbox or discussed at either the TAB or CAB
- Processes Requests for Change, records them within client Change Status ticketing system, and manages the impact assessment (appropriately scaled to RFC)
- Organising and coordinating post-change reviews with relevant teams
- Documents and maintains the client Change Management Process, improving the efficiency where possible
- Works with client team to implement error corrections, updates and upgrades
- Works with the Service Manager and Transition teams to agree the acceptance criteria for each Release
Specific SMC Responsibilities:
- Perform ServiceNow Administration
- Maintain Knowledge Articles for all clients
- ServiceNow Support Training
- SMC Reporting
Key Skills Required:
- Works under moderate supervision for routine tasks
- Can work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Understands the job requirements and has a moderate awareness of ITIL and willing to progresses towards ITIL4 certification as part of professional development
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and establish good working relationships at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage own workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills both orally and written at all levels
- Ability to develop effective administration and support processes
- Able to work in a pressured environment ensuring attention to detail is maintained and meet agreed deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly understand the customer environment and service goals
- IT Skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Vector, ServiceNow, Remedy, Jira & Confluence (desirable).
- ITIL (v3/4) foundation qualified
- Proactive in nature, owns the problem till resolved and not a 9-5 person, able to roll up sleeves/go the extra mile
- Gains trust through dedication and transparency
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Willingness to gain Security Clearance
- Appropriate level of data protection, security awareness and confidentiality awareness.
- Experience working in a Service Management environment
- Experience in reactive and proactive interactions with service delivery staff and other senior business staff
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively within collaborative Service and Operational team structures, ideally in a technology environment
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC HO
Get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry. Apply today!..
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.Pay Range:
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.