Sr. Manager, GBDS Business Operations
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
As the Sr. Manager of Business Operations you will work closely with the GBDS Director of Business Operations driving the success and delivery of the GBDS vision and operating model across the executive leadership team. You will work closely with the leadership team and external partners to develop strategic solutions, engage as a thought partner and drive initiatives in support of R&D divisions. This role will drive strategy, lead cross-functional initiatives and develop/deliver structured capabilities in support the GBDS LT and the GBDS operating model
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for addressing various operation and initiative needs across GDD enterprise level, assessing gaps and developing an BDS engagement plan in support of these prioritize activities.
- Ensure GBDS strategy is being driven across multiple cross-functional initiatives which will deliver on objectives in support of the GBDS LT. Engage stakeholders, assemble cross-functional teams in support of delivering on these objectives.
- Support the GBDS Initiative Portfolio governance. Responsible for monitoring and ensuring success of GBDS cross functional initiatives. Driving accountability, highlighting and escalating key risks, mentoring project leads across BDS, and ensuring transparency of key milestones and their respective status.
- Drive governance and change management of GBDS strategic deliverables, from charter development through post-closeout governance. This will require being a dotted-line leader in a matrix environment
- Accountable to drive the operational planning of internal and external GBDS-driven events (i.e people engagement activities, executive level presentations and tracking mechanisms) to ensure communications of progress and risk mitigations to GBDS and inter-dependent stakeholders
- Accountable to develop and deliver a functional Leadership team portfolio of project needs, while developing and coordinating resource and engagement plan.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining budget of various BDS-driven activities in support of conference engagements, communities of practices development, and employee engagement opportunities to harmonize siloed groups.
- Potential for managing direct reports as a mix of permanent and contractor team in support of GBSD Business operations.
- MBA or MA degree degree in related discipline highly preferred.
- PMP certification is a strong plus
- 5-7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or 4+ years of equivalent consulting program management
- Strong experience with building relationships, leading strategic initiatives and programs, and collaborating across divisions with people of diverse business backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic thought partner that will serve as a point of connectivity with stakeholders to execute end to end enterprise dependencies
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.