SAFe Agile & Technical Operations Analyst
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
This position is for an Agile & Technical Operations Analyst who has a solid understanding of Safe Agile methodology and technical/digital project delivery. The ideal candidate will have a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to deliver high-quality agile products.
- Lead the implementation of SAFe Agile ways of working to improve project delivery
- Assess tools and processes used to deliver digital capabilities and recommend, implement, and train team members on enhanced practices
- Evolve transparency of workload related to both project work and ongoing operations is managed and reported to drive operational excellence and efficiency
- Should be able to understand the value of the portfolio in order to help teams to prioritize demands and backlog in order to maximize pooled resources that are operating in a capacity-based model.
- Should be able to effectively coordinate with all stakeholders (cross-functional teams) and instrument for the best-in-class solution implementations.
- Should be able to work directly with multiple stakeholders and work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Analyze existing processes and make best practice & improvement recommendations to streamline any of the existing processes which should be harmonized globally.
- Should be able to demonstrate and explain the functionality outcome of solution implementations.
- Should be able to clearly document Knowledge Base Docs, Standard Operating Procedures, Solutions, and guidelines for local and global teams.
- Effective and clear communication skills.
- Strong project management experience.
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating with development teams, Product Owners, Product Management, and Senior Management. Ability to effectively translate complex information into easy-to-understand materials.
- Continuously work to improve team performance and productivity:
- Encourage team accountability, self-organization, and empowerment.
- Share common Agile practices.
- Promote and support the development team’s automated processes.
- Facilitate Retrospectives which generate new ideas for process improvement.
- Effective influencer, able to work upward and across teams to build rapport and partner with others to solve common problems.
- Provide coaching, feedback, and advice to government teams on Agile system engineering processes, practices, and activities using industry best practices
- Proactively seek opportunities to use process improvement and re-engineering methodologies to facilitate improvements to processes
- Support the identification, collection and reporting of Agile execution metrics and measurements to communicate adoption progress, bottlenecks and areas of opportunity
- 2-3 years of experience with SAFe Agile methodology.
- Leading SAFe (SA) certification or other formal training / certifications in SAFe are highly preferred
- An understanding and practical experience of common methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
- Experience using any of industry standard Agile tooling suites (e.g., Jira), and working knowledge in requirement grooming sessions, Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective, tasks creation, and collaborating with stakeholders.
- 2-3 years of experience in (i) Software Development Life Cycle methodologies including Agile and Waterfall, (ii) different testing standards and guidelines, (iii) Validated and regulated systems in Life Science domain, and (iv) Cloud and native applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Prior experience in life sciences, healthcare, or related industry.
- DevOps experience
- Veeva and/or Salesforce experience.
- Experience using Mural or similar software.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with a broad matrix team and ability to influence others and achieve results.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.