Manager, Regional Operations (MRO) – Immunology
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Position: Manager, Regional Operations (MRO) – Immunology
Location: Remote - Field US
We are seeking an individual with a track record of strong leadership, compliant execution, and a winning mindset to join our Immunology Sales Operations team. This individual will partner with the East and West DALs - Advanced Practice Practitioner Liaison Directors on all business-related functions. The selected candidate will have a high level of exposure to senior sales and marketing leadership across our business unit and will be a key member of the operations team. This position will report into the Senior Director of the DALs – Advanced Practice Practitioner Liaison and have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Director Sales Strategy and Operations – SOTYKTU.
Even more specifically, the successful candidate will excel at:
- Collaborating with the East and West Advanced Practice Practitioner Liaison Directors on the development and execution of the regional business plans and the business review process.
- Providing recommendations to improve regional sales performance through proactive analysis of region and territory performance. This includes, but is not limited to Business Analytics, Sales Messaging, Strategy and Tactical planning.
- Leading the planning and execution of the APPL communication plan, including the Regional or National meetings, e-mail correspondence, slide deck creation and management, teleconferences, and associated compliance/legal (PReP) review.
- Managing the inquiry/resolution process as needed for the APPL field force (e.g. triaging and following up on Clarity tickets, ad hoc requests from home office and field, tracking People Services and Help Desk Tickets created by the APPL Leadership Team, etc.).
- Contributing subject matter expertise on all field-based systems (e.g. OneLook Specialty (OLS), Veeva/InterAct, Call Planning Process, e-Roster, HCP Connect, MS Teams, a:Coach, Inkling, SharePoint, Workday, MyBMS, Survey Monkey, etc.).
- Tracking the allocation and utilization of resources (e.g. promotional program, D&E budgets, marketing materials, etc.) and region adherence to BMS policies and procedures.
- Partnering with the home office operations team and necessary functional areas to troubleshoot regional operations issues (e.g. issues with relevant BMS systems).
- Assisting with the new hire on-boarding process as it relates to operational, analytical systems and business processes.
- As needed, leads projects to support the brand (e.g. field/tactical component to local professional society meetings, etc.), roll out of new technology and assist with POA planning/other meeting planning opportunities.
- Working with the Leadership Team to rollout the annual Objectives setting process.
- Driving a strong culture of development, growth, diversity, inclusion, rewards and recognition.
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical or relevant sales experience.
- Well documented examples of strong leadership, strong compliant execution, and a winning mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on sales objectives with a track record of strong sales performance.
- Experience with MS / Immunology customer base and market industry knowledge preferred (but not necessary).
- Successful experience working with local sales matrix team to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated experiences partnering with Sales Leadership (e.g. DBMs) to support the execution of approved brand tactics, onboarding of new representatives, and assisting with training sales skills, business planning and product knowledge.
- Ability to impact and influence others with no direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.