Supervisor, Reg Operations West
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Cleveland Electric Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
Location: Concord Township, OH
- Demonstrating and leading a solid commitment to all aspects of safety
- Directing and assuming responsibility for the daily garage activities which include supervising the mechanic workforce at one or more garages who are engaged in the inspection and repair to vehicles, construction equipment and other equipment; assuring compliance with all federal, state, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards
- Monitoring employee activities and enforcing conformance to established work practices and methods such as the Accident Prevention Handbook and Safety Specifications and Construction Standards
- Ensuring employees are properly trained and assigning the employees work appropriate to their classification and job skill duties
- Inspecting work performed and advising, coaching and training employees on all work; monitoring and coaching to obtain acceptable productivity and performance
- Inspecting condition of tools and equipment and ensuring proper and safe tooling is used
- Supervising and coordinating the process of obtaining estimates for accident damage repairs; contacting vendors and equipment manufacturers to arrange for warranty and other repairs as needed
- Understanding wiring diagrams and hydraulic schematics, and issuing instructions for proper completion and proper performance of the work to be completed
- Recommending equipment design improvements that would reduce maintenance and extend vehicle life to the Fleet Administration staff
- Understanding and training employees in the use of computer-based manufacturer software to perform required repairs to company equipment
- Scheduling work to maximize fleet availability and control costs; monitoring progress of all jobs; ordering and replacing materials, tools and spare parts to assure a safe, cost-effective, high availability Fleet and charging to the proper vehicle or cost center; recommending preferred spare parts inventory
- Supervising and coordinating maintenance schedules and initiating changes when needed to ensure effective maintenance practices are completed - Preparing and maintaining records on company equipment, employee timesheets, employee training records, safety meetings, job safety analyses, job briefings, Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) requirements, employee evaluations and any other employee information pertaining to Fleet personnel
- Administering company personnel policies, and practices
- Preparing reports, evaluations and recommendations in matters of hiring, classification, change of classification, rate changes or discontinuance of supervised employees; providing employee feedback and training
- Completing all work so that employees and the public are safeguarded at all times
- Conducting engaging and informative safety meetings; performing job, shop and vehicle audits; coaching and training employees on daily job briefings on a continuous basis
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service skills during interactions with Fleet users and their management
- Supporting storm operations and mutual assistance when needed after hours, weekends and holidays
- Communicating effectively with Fleet personnel and other company personnel and departments to ensure awareness of vehicle and equipment availability and problems.
- Experience as a certified mechanic with 3 years’ experience or 8 years’ related experience.
- Related experience includes: the overhaul, maintenance and repair of automotive, truck, aerial equipment, off-road equipment and all other company equipment or the operational equivalent ·
- High school diploma required; Bachelor of Science degree preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability in the performance of various automotive, truck and hydraulic maintenance duties
- Able to perform supervisory responsibilities, maintain an efficient working organization and create favorable employer-employee relationships
- Prior supervisory experience or equivalent preferred · Must maintain valid CDL license
- Understanding of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications in auto, truck or equipment preferred
- Knowledge of union contracts and the ability to apply the contract
- Shifts and overtime work as required
- Basic computer skills such as SAP, Lotus Notes and Word
- Specific computer skills with Fleet Maintenance System (M5) preferred
- Familiarity with and understanding of the general type of work completed within company departments related to vehicle and equipment usage
- Strong organizational skills in planning and coordinating multiple activities and projects
- Good analytical and written and oral communication skill
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team