Manager, On-Air Operations
This position will actively participate in all aspects of the Day to Day operations involving Master Control playout. They will also be the liaison between the RSN programming, marketing & promotion groups, and 3rd party content suppliers who provide content to EDM. This includes providing coverage and support Sunday - Saturday for 16 hours a day.
- Coordinate with RSN programmers to provide EDM media ingest and master control with the information required to ensure that all elements are delivered and air as they are intended.
- Validate/verify all Material ID’s including (Captioned Legacy Content) as well as recently implemented Product Codes to ensure that the correct version airs.
- Support everything related to content readiness for both original production and 3rd party content.
- Provide critical support during live events including simulcasts and cutdown versions that re-air.
- Support preparation of content for pre-distribution/distribution of barter content (OTN).
- Work with Encompass, and the 3rd party caption providers VITAC, CaptionMax, Dynamic Captioning to ensure that all content is captioned.
- Meet with EDM daily to discuss previous night’s issues and review plans that day’s events as well as upcoming events.
- Communicate with RSN programmers and EDM regarding last minute schedule changes to verify that everyone has the correct information.
- Collaborate with EDM, the RSN’s and 3rd party vendors to development solutions when procedural gaps are identified.
- Notify programmers of air affecting issues that require a timely decision.
- Identify and communicate
- 5 years Management experience in an on-air environment.
- Basic knowledge of all types of sporting events
- The ability to develop and implement different workflows during different sport seasons.
- Ability to learn and use new technology to perform tasks while working in a dynamic operational environment
- Ability to work varying shifts in a 24/7 environment including availability on weekends and holidays required
- On-Air Operations, Master Control, or Media Services experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of signal delivery, broadcast, and streaming systems.
- Experience working with different operational environments involving program record, preparation, distribution, and on-air recovery.
- Experience identifying and categorize positive or negative trends and providing that information in a format that is actionable.
Diamond Sports Group, L.L.C, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diamond Sports Group LLC, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., owns the Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks (RSNs), the nation’s leading provider of local sports. Its 19 owned-and-operated RSNs include Bally Sports Arizona, Bally Sports Detroit, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Great Lakes, Bally Sports Indiana, Bally Sports Kansas City, Bally Sports Midwest, Bally Sports New Orleans, Bally Sports North, Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Oklahoma, Bally Sports San Diego, Bally Sports SoCal, Bally Sports South, Bally Sports Southeast, Bally Sports Southwest, Bally Sports Sun, Bally Sports West, and Bally Sports Wisconsin. The Bally Sports RSNs serve as the TV home to more than half of all MLB, NHL and NBA teams based in the United States. Diamond Sports Group also has a joint venture in Marquee, the home of the Chicago Cubs, and a minority interest in the YES Network, the local destination for the New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets. Diamond RSNs produce approximately 5,000 live local professional telecasts each year in addition to a wide variety of locally produced sports events and programs each year.