HR Learning Operations– Data Insights Sr Specialist
The Continuous Improvement Specialist drives our employee experience agenda by delivering on-going improvement to the quality of the learning experience delivered by our internal and external teams.
Reporting directly to the Service Deployment Lead s/he is responsible for process refinement; maintenance of knowledge management materials as well as the on-going analysis of escalations to resolve at root cause.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for:
- Continuous improvement of business-as-usual learning delivery processes to manage out service imperfections to the benefit of key stakeholders.
- Content management of knowledge management materials to evolve and improve Knowledge Base Articles to drive better understanding of key stakeholders as to the use of tools and resources provided in support of service delivery.
- Deployment of new ways of working to HR Ops in consultation with the GL&D CoEs to the benefit of the employee experience.
- Applying knowledge of internal/external business challenges to provide input into recommendations for improvements to products, processes, or services, continue to ensure the adoption of fundamental business drivers within the company.
Duties, Responsibilities, Activities:
- Implement continuous improvement programs to ensure vertical and horizontal integration across the organization.
- Support management teams by coordinating actions to ensure improvement.
- Collaborate for effective solutions with other functions and departments.
- Help identify and remove barriers to implementation of continuous improvement.
- Analyze data as to current service delivery landscape to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Contribute subject matter expertise to drive process improvement work, partnering with suppliers and identifying opportunities whilst developing and owning plans to deliver efficiencies.
- Create continuous improvement training materials/modules and training.
- Roll up and monitoring of business metrics and reporting to management and leadership teams.
- Coaching captive and outsourced resources on relevant tools and their application.
- Train and coach learning content owners in the use of lean and statistical tools, approaches, and techniques to create process management and measurement systems and help develop an operational excellence mind-set across the team.
- Continue to define and implement improvement projects aligned with business strategies, to all relevant stakeholders/organizations.
- Define the scope and financial justification of improvement opportunities.
- Monitor progress of continuous improvement within each organization.
- Communicate new ways of working/strategies throughout the HR Operations organization and throughout the business.
- Ensuring employee experience is positive throughout all changes/communications in the business.
- Participate actively in any change/improvement discussions, contributing as per experience of any internal/external challenges in your field.
- Have a clear understanding of the fundamental business drivers of the company and use this knowledge in your work.
- Assist with change strategy development and the implementation into the organization.
- Assess and analyze the change impact.
- Identify any anticipated resistance from the business.
- Contributes to the building of capability across the organization in the continuous improvement of learning content delivery.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, or currently in pursuit of degree completion, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in HR Tech or related field
- 5 years of experience with LMS data
- 2 years of experience with Spotfire & Power BI
- Strong ability to acquire and process knowledge aligned to the learning portfolio.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the HR service delivery model.
- Expert practitioner in use of Six Sigma, Kata, or another recognized process improvement methodology.
- Strong listening & comprehension skills.
- Strong orientation toward Innovation & Creativity.
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building & maintaining.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up; strong analytical skills together with developed business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and collaborate / partner with others from across the business
- Strong IT skills incl. advanced excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Mastery of process improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma; expertise in workshop design and facilitation; in depth knowledge of key HR metrics and quality measurement.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Under New York City, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:$97,680.00 - $153,700.00
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License: