Supervisor Fleet Operations
- Handling the daily scheduling and assignment of the workload in the garages, both on demand work as well as scheduled Preventative Maintenance.
- Coordinating DOT, OSHA/Safety and Environmental Compliance.
- Presenting with Internal Business Partners and External Vendors.
- Handling the acquisition and disposition of company equipment and vehicles along with accident reporting and estimates.
- Monitoring Administrative Report Analysis, Data Integrity, Metrics and Scorecards results in various Fleet systems.
- Leading the purchase and inventory of materials and equipment.
- Adhering to Verizon policies and procedures and partnering with Labor Relations for adherence to company guidelines.
What we're looking for...
You have a fluid background and understanding of automotive maintenance and technologies. You're able to build relationships with a variety of people. And as a leader, you're able to create engagement, motivation, and a sense of ownership in your team members.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Supervisory experience in automotive maintenance and repair and/or vehicular fleet operations.
- Experience in repair garage safety.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Four or more years of relevant automotive work experience in an administrative capacity.
- Experience as an automotive mechanic.
- An understanding of the DOT regulations, and a mechanical background to approve labor time charged for repairs and make decisions concerning vehicle maintenance.
- Experience leading multiple fleet repair facilities.
- Knowledge and experience managing OSHA, ANSI regulations and solid understanding of Environmental regulations.
- Industry certifications such as Auto, Trucks, and equipment, Regulatory and/or Fluid Power certification.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.