Operations Agent $500 Signing Bonus (Full Time ANC Airport)
Work Where it Matters
Pegasus Aviation Services, an Akima company, is not just another aviation contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Pegasus, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, Pegasus provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, Pegasus delivers efficient, flexible, and safe aviation services as it supports domestic and international passenger and freighter airlines.
As a Pegasus employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Operations Agents are responsible for working Operations and assisting the company meet goals through the provision of services specific to customer airlines.
This position is an hourly, non-exempt position with salary dependent upon experience and job performance. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Provide flight operations assistance to Customer airline crewmembers.
- Communication skills essential.
- Coordinate crew movements with local hotels and transport companies.
- Provide timely updates to Pegasus Intranet for Customer airlines.
- Monitor movements of Customer aircraft to ensure timely and correct arrival.
- Information provided to Pegasus staff to ensure manpower coverage available.
- Liaise with Customer airline staff as required.
- Carry and operate a radio/pager as required.
- Assist other Pegasus departments as required.
- Must maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor at all times.
- Accuracy when working with numbers a must.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated high level of expertise in Windows based computer programs, i.e. Excel, Word.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Must be able to obtain airport badge with US Customs clearance.
- Must be willing to work occasionally in inclement weather.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds comfortably.
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints in a fast paced environment.
- Flight crew and customer relationship skills a must.
- Must present a clean and neat work area to our customers.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, team player.
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules.
- Be well groomed and follow uniform policy.
- Successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test.
- Preference given to those that have previously handled Pegasus specific customers and have airline experience.
- Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate.
- Prior experience in airline operations.
- Speak effectively one-to-one and before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: moderate.
- The OPS Agent on occasion may lift or move with help up to 200 pounds, and/or more frequently lift or move 70 to 100 pounds, and constantly lift or move up to 50 pounds the OPS Agent is regularly required to use hands, talk, hear, bend, stoop, kneel, and is frequently required to stand, walk. The OPS Agent may be required to climb, sit, and balance.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the agent is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The agent is frequently required to climb stairs, bend at the waist, kneel, crouch or stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- The OPS Agent is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically depending on location and time of day. During aircraft arrival the OPS Agent will be exposed to a high noise environment for a short period of time. Hearing protection is required and provided.
\#Pegasus #PegasusAvation #Aviation #AchorageAK
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Organization: Pegasus Aviation Services
Clearance: Not Applicable
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: PEG00804