Business Operations Coordinator – Novartis Venture Fund
Business Operations Coordinator – Novartis Venture Fund
Jan 24, 2024
About the Role
Location: Cambridge, MA (Hybrid)
This Business Operations Coordinator will administer operational and administrative support for the Novartis Venture Fund. The team focuses on execution of equity/debt investments, Merger & Acquisition divestments, Initial Public Offering listings, portfolio company shareholder organizational and Board of Director membership matters.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Support members of the US-based investment team in execution of tasks related to business operations for investment & governance of portfolio companies, as well as compliance related tasks. Will also provide global support as needed, including to the Global Head of the NVF, Heads of Legal and Finance, and European investment team. will interact with all levels of the NVF team and partner organizations, including senior management of Novartis corporate, management teams at NVF portfolio companies, external investment groups, both domestic and international, necessitating tact, discretion and sound judgment.
• Coordinating with other functions at Novartis and external stakeholders, including start-up executives and Board Directors, other venture capital investors, academic scientific founders, and more.
• Apply & support processes & policies important to the company, to drive culture change for a productive & inclusive workplace, and to mentor colleagues in operational areas. Support hiring, on-/off-boarding and related tasks.
• Support the investment team in procurement and finance related tasks (e.g., vendor onboarding, Purchase Orders), and legal processes (e.g., Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Consulting Agreements). Overseeing vendor management within the department including invoicing and payments. Most of this work involves expert consultants, including leading scientists in both academia and industry. Managing processes & documents for Due Diligence and investment processes, including Confidentiality Agreements, presentations, Payment Order Forms, etc.
• Responsibility for administrative tasks including: Managing team calendars to support team members across global sites (e.g. US, Switzerland, Israel); coordinating travel plans and monthly expense reports for the group, reviewing for accuracy and policy adherence; coordinating domestic/international external and internal meeting logistics and preparing meeting materials including PowerPoint presentations.
• Will utilize soft skills, operational knowledge & influence to be effective.
• Coordinating administrative support & communication for the group, as well as demonstrating strong leadership and collaboration amongst the administrative staff. Play a vital role consolidating & sharing communications, policies and ethics practices – and serve as the first point of contact for the investment team to get support in administrative or operational systems/tools, find up-to-date information and contacts for operational processes.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $37.30 and $55.94 per hour; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/24 through 12/31/24, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know the nature of your request, your contact information and the job requisition number in your message:
- Novartis: e-mail [email protected] or call +1 [Register to View]
- Sandoz: e-mail [email protected] or call: +1-[Register to View]
• 5+ years of experience as a senior operations and/or administrative professional working directly with senior management/Vice Presidents and leadership team members.
• 5+ years of experience working in a large, dynamic, fast-paced, and highly matrixed organization.
• High integrity. Proven experience handling sensitive information, and an extreme adherence to confidentiality.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Concur, travel booking and similar tools.
• Ability to translate complex verbal and written information into well-organized presentations and documents.
• Must possess excellent organization skills and have a high attention to detail with an ability to get the job completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Must have excellent command of the English language verbally and in writing.
• Must be self-motivated, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain professional relationships and partnerships.
• Ability to work independently and as an effective and engaged team member in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Proven track record of resourcefulness and success in terms of solving problems and improving processes.
• Strong initiative, proactive communication skills and follow-through is essential.
• Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred; project management certification is a plus.
• Prior experience working in a pharmaceutical and/or biotech company.
• Proficiency with internal Novartis systems (Ariba, Concur, etc.) highly preferred.
Why Novartis: Helping people with disease and their families takes more than innovative science. It takes a community of smart, passionate people like you. Collaborating, supporting and inspiring each other. Combining to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Ready to create a brighter future together? https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Benefits and Rewards: Read our handbook to learn about all the ways we’ll help you thrive personally and professionally: https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: Not the right Novartis role for you? Sign up to our talent community to stay connected and learn about suitable career opportunities as soon as they come up: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Company / Legal Entity
Facilities & Administration