Engineering Project Manager (131437510)
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within required time frame and budget. This position will serve as a mentor and coach to more junior level project managers and will work with the Director of New Product Development to develop test plans and ensure that external windows of opportunity are met.
- Coordinate activities internally and externally to develop new products and increase the expected value and net present value of the organizations business portfolio. This will be accomplished through managing schedules and development tasks through the Entegris stage-gate process and communicating to all stakeholders through the creation of custom schedules and Gantt charts
- Create interfaces with multiple departments within the organization and with customers in a variety of markets, including Semiconductor, Industrial, and Aerospace
- Review project proposals to define project scope and requirements, as well as assume responsibility for the development, documentation, and maintenance of project management plans, project charters, risk management plans, schedules, etc.
- Manage and administer project resources to plan, direct, organize, analyze, and monitor a project from inception to completion
- Serve as the primary point of contact with project sponsors, contractors, and internal/external stakeholders, and communicates progress, production difficulties, and failure/success of the contracting activity to the supervisor as well as other major stakeholders
- Coordinate with business unit managers and functional managers for recruitment or assignment of project team personnel; confer with project team to outline workplan and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority within the context of the company development process
- Mentor and coach other project managers within the group on all activities associated with validation, tracking of demonstrators through the inception, design, manufacturing, and validation process
- Work towards becoming a subject matter expert (SME) in the various tools used in the validation process including, Accolade, WBS, etc. Help to guide and assist others in setting project scope, financials, probabilities, planning project expense, etc.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field; Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years’ of relative engineering/manufacturing/project management experience, or combination of relevant education and experience
- 2-3 years of Project Management experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment highly preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects of varying complexity within the specified timeframes and budgets
- Strong time management skills, high level of organization and ability to effectively multitask is essential for success in this role
- The ability to build, develop and leverage relationships at all levels and functions within the organization and strong communication skills and the ability to develop and implement a project specific communication plan
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with MS Project or other project management software required; experience with Accolade preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic global environment