WSTM/WSTQ/WTVH is looking for a Meteorologist/Reporter to present the weather forecast for the weekly news and report 5 days a week. As our Meteorologist/Reporter you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
- Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
- Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
- Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Pitching story ideas, developing contacts and reporting 3 days a week
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories, we value visual and compelling storytelling
- Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
- In Depth Knowledge of forecasting
- Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
- Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Experience in weather presentation and reporting is preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The base hourly compensation range for this role is $15.04 to $19.04 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates’ relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.