WJAR has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Weekend Sports Anchor/Multimedia Journalist! You'll find yourself in the middle of some of the nation's biggest sports stories, covering the New England Patriots, Providence College, Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics... as well as telling the stories of local athletes making a difference in our communities. In this role, you will be required to produce daily content on a variety of broadcast and digital platforms, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. The ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that will include weekends and evenings is required.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous anchoring/on-air experience required
- General knowledge of sports, especially New England teams
- A self-starter who can generate story ideas on a daily basis
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise news reporting and creativity in storytelling
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
- Previous anchoring experience is required
- Must have at least 3 years of on-air experience
- Live shot experience is required
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!