CBS21 in Harrisburg PA is looking for a creative full-time News Videographer/Video Journalist. The candidate should have 1-2 years of ENG experience with a network affiliate news organization. You will cover day to day general, in-depth features and investigative assignments, gathering video and audio for stories. We shoot in full high definition (HD) on media cards and edit on desktops and laptops. We even have a drone program! You should have strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is essential in this position.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 1-2 years of video shooting experience and technical knowledge of editing and video camera equipment
- Degree in a related field preferred
- Team-player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines BOTH solo and with a reporter
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and be able to operate ENG news vehicles
- Ability to edit and shoot general assignment stories, live shots and natural sound packages
- Willing to be coached
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays when asked as well as extended shifts during breaking news coverage
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.