WTGS in beautiful Savannah, GA is seeking an experienced, hands-on News Manager with strong leadership skills and a bold style to lead a news share operation. The News Manager position presents a great entry point into news management. You will have a hand in everything: Managing assignments, leading the station’s digital and social content, and executive producing newscasts. You will also work on recruiting, hiring, and training. You have the opportunity to work with an amazing group of journalists who want to improve and always put the team first.
Our mission is to produce impact stories with a distinctive focus on accountability reporting.
- Managing the station’s news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces 6 hours of local news weekly
- Responsible for initiating and managing growing content delivery on multiple platforms
- Work closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy and direction
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
- Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
- Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
- Training MMJs and producers
- Overseeing a staff in two locations to produce local newscasts for the Savannah market.
- Developing relationships across two stations to produce content with teams in different locations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage daily newscasts and producing targeted content on all platforms.
- Journalism degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in news management, or other position in a commercial television newsroom setting, with noted leadership skills is required
- Ability to work as a team both in person and remotely
- Excellent communication skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!