WLOS is looking for a dynamic full-time News Anchor in beautiful Asheville, NC. The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to anchor early evening and late newscasts, as well as, tell relevant, impactful stories regularly. The ability to conduct interviews with newsmakers and ad-lib during breaking news are essential skills.
Our anchors participate in the planning of our shows and produce content. Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role! A competitive passion to win and openness to innovation is mandatory!
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and positivity
- Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
- Must be a team leader that works well with others
- Must be a self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
- Must be able to field anchor
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
- Conduct interviews when required via phone, email, Skype, or other methods
- Participate in regular content planning meetings
- Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- At least five (5) years of on-air/anchoring experience is required
- Considerable live shot experience is needed
- Proven social media engagement necessary
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.