Senior Newscast Producer
KTUL has an immediate opening for a Morning Executive Producer to oversee news content for overall fairness, balance and accuracy. The ideal candidate will oversee production of our 2-hour and 4-hour morning newscasts along with our 30 minute noon newscast and special programming. You will work closely with producers and reporters on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example.
Some additional responsibilities of our Executive Producer will include
- Oversee daily newscasts to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect and empower our audiences
- Supervise producers and reporters, as well as, review scripts and provide feedback to encourage powerful storytelling
- Manage newsroom and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences
- Collaborate with News Director and other station managers to create special segments
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
- Ability to preform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
- A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
- Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
- Minimum of 4 years producing in a television news environment or equivalent
- A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!