Telemundo News Producer
Telemundo Austin has an opening for a creative News Producer. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our Spanish language newscasts, as well as working closely with the Executive Producer, News Director and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. In this position, you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our website.
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong, polished written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English, for broadcast and digital platforms
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English
- Must have at least 1-2 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial, Spanish language TV station
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities is a must
- A Journalism degree is preferred
- Proficient with non-linear editing (i. e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. You must apply online to be considered. No phone calls or emails, please.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!