Full Measure Producer
We are looking for a dynamic Broadcast Producer to join the team of Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson.
Full Measure is a weekly Sunday news program focusing on investigative, original and accountability reporting. The host is Sharyl Attkisson, five-time Emmy Award winner and recipient of the Edward R. Murrow award for investigative reporting. She is backed by a team of award-winning journalists.
The position requires strong skills in journalism, self-motivation and creativity. The candidate will oversee the day to day operations of the weekly program and will also have opportunity to engage in producing segments & pieces as skills demonstrate ability to work at the level of others on the team. The position will work closely with the Executive Producer and Senior Broadcast producer and contribute heavily to both the website and social content production.
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to help put together an exciting and informative program, in addition to the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and positivity
- Ability to take direction and work efficiently during breaking news events
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be a self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
- Ability to edit video for stories
- Ability to create graphics for newscast
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
- Oversee coverage in control room during production.
- Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods
- Participate in regular content planning meetings
- Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of three (2) years’ experience producing engaging television newscasts at commercial news operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
When applying online, candidate must provide examples of newscast they have produced that show exceptional creativity. Please provide a link to your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Full Measure:
Each week, we have a cover story that explores untouchable topics in a fearless way including: immigration, terrorism, government waste, national security and whistleblower reports on government and corporate abuse and misdeeds.
Full Measure is broadcast to 43 million households in 79 markets on 162 Sinclair Broadcast Group stations, including ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, MyTV, Univision and Telemundo affiliates. It also streams live Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. ET.
This position requires strong skills in journalism, leadership, and creativity. The candidate will oversee the day-to-day production of the program. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. In this position, you will contribute content to newscasts and digital platforms.