Social Producer - The National Desk
Are you ready to break the myth that news is boring and join a team looking to innovate how we keep people informed about the issues that matter? If so, this is the role for you!
As the centralized hub of Sinclair’s vast network of local stations, The National Desk takes a national look at local stories and the impact they may have on a larger scale. We are a passionate group of seasoned journalists eager to grow our content offering on-site, on social, and in short-form video. In this role you will be developing and producing highly sharable original content for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok, as well new digital platforms as they evolve. The content you create will cover a wide range of topics including, but not limited to local news, crime, politics, sports, entertainment, food, travel, and internet favorites like cute kids and kittens.
If you apply, you should come to this role with an immense curiosity about the world around you, as well as the visual storytelling skills to capture the attention of audiences of all ages. To succeed in this role, you must be well-versed in the language of the internet, hyperaware of social trends, and possess the ability to articulate a creative vision.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Attend daily Content Strategy Sessions, and pitch/produce original social content adjacent to the day’s broadcast
- Review daily broadcasts, digital content, and raw video, and edit and reformat into engaging segments for social distribution
- Pitch, script, and edit broadcast-adjacent original social video content
- Shoot/Direct/Edit in-studio content
- Work in coordination with Creative Service to develop and design social graphics that maintain brand guidelines through all video and social content
- Coordinate with local news teams on coverage plans
- Review social and digital analytics and translate them into actionable steps to increase engagement and content performance
- Ability to react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately is a core expectation of this position
- BA in Film/Television/Video Production/Journalism and/or minor in Graphic Design
- Experience in news or other editorial background
- Minimum 3-5 years hands-on experience in all aspects of video production including shooting, lighting, sound recording & editing, and ability to operate all associated equipment.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Premiere Rush, Photoshop, After Effects, etc), and other creative software
- A strong preference for applicants with experience in front of the camera, and a strong personality to match
- Familiarity with podcast production is also a plus.
- This position requires impeccable spelling and grammar, a deep understanding of social media trends and what works on each platform, vertical video editing skills, and the ability to capture well composed videos on a phone
- Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, and come to the position with a uniquely creative mind
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and change that may come about as our team evolves over time
- All applications must include links to reels/websites of recent projects.
- Late-night, early-morning, weekend, and holiday work may occur depending on the news cycle
The base salary compensation range for this role is $60,000 to $90,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, quarterly and annual incentive plan bonuses, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, 15 paid vacation days, 2 paid personal days, 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of paid sick leave, parental leave, and employee stock purchase plan.