Director of Promotion
KATU (ABC) and KUNP (Univision) in Portland, OR has a great career opportunity for a Director of Promotions to join our senior leadership team. This position will lead the stations’ bilingual, multi-platform marketing, promotional and commercial production efforts in collaboration with other department heads. The successful candidate should be an outstanding promotions writer, editor, producer and creative self-starter who is able to take a concept through every stage of production, while managing people and strict deadlines. A minimum of seven years of promotion and/or commercial production experience is necessary.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cultivate and support a passionate and driven creative team that has the strong desire to always design and execute best in class work.
- Manage the process around production of daily syndicated and news topical promos in collaboration with news leadership and creative services
- Maintain continuity of graphic design for on-air promotional spots and station packaging elements
- Provide overall creative leadership of on-air promotion and branding with the goals of maintaining and improving local ratings, revenue, community impact and brand awareness
- Collaborate with sales leadership on campaign execution that fulfill client needs, drive results and increase performance on non-traditional and new business revenue
- Design and develop promotional campaigns ranging from proof of performance to image and sweeps campaigns
- Assist in the creation of contests/promotions to support relationships with other media partners
- Create radio, cable, and digital promotions for outside media
- A formal education equivalent of a B.S. degree in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field is required
- Minimum seven years relevant experience in television promotion/commercial production
- Extensive knowledge of television production techniques, shooting, and computer graphics, including Avid editing, Photoshop, and Aftereffects
- Strong communication skills, comfortable interacting with Sales, News, Creative Services and Digital Departments
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills are a must
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The lifeblood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.