Director of Sales
KATU/KUNP in Portland, Oregon, is looking for a strong Director of Sales to guide our sales efforts. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills to direct a local and regional sales team in selling new business and creating revenue streams through an integrated multi-screen approach. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and development, as well as strong leadership capabilities.
In this position you will:
- Develop and lead a high performing sales team that meets or exceeds revenue goals by driving client results through creative marketing solutions.
- Develop sales strategies, plans and alignment in support of revenue goals.
- Achieve client results, satisfaction, and retention.
- Effectively manage sales operations including inventory, Wide Orbit, SELL, Cognos and other metrics as determined by the General Manager.
- Maintain strong performance with Local, Regional and National accounts.
- Manage and grow sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local and regional clients.
- Coach and mentor Marketing Consultants and Sales Leaders with their professional development and performance growth.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 5-10 years’ experience in TV sales management.
- Hands-on TV advertising sales and operational background is a must.
- Ability to meet revenue budgets through television, digital interactive and other non-traditional approaches that align with Client objectives.
- Strong, positive leadership skills and capabilities.
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator, and motivator.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sales CRMs, and OSI preferred.
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Exceeding revenue goals.
- Forecasting revenue performance, Inventory Control and Pricing.
- Experience in sales promotion and integrated multi-platform advertising campaigns.
- Development of non-traditional revenue sources, and new media strategic planning.
- Excellent inventory management is essential.
- Knowledge of Nielsen and ComScore ratings services.
- Ability to build and cultivate strong team culture driven for success.
- Create and develop strategies for selling multi-platform advertising solutions.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.