KTUL NewsChannel 8 has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Technical Director! The primary responsibility of the position is to plan, direct and manage production of daily newscasts. Our station is a 24/7 business, and applicants should understand that this position may require working a variety of shifts, along with weekends and/or holidays.
Job responsibilities include:
- Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
- Studio and set preparation
- Operating cameras
- Audio console
- Other duties may include operating a graphics generator, teleprompter
- Experience Directing and TDing newscasts
- Knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Must be extremely dependable
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- The ability to work well under stressful and time-sensitive situations is required
- Must be creative in addition to mixing a clean broadcast
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.