General Assignment Reporter
WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV has an opening for a General Assignment Reporter.
We’re looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter to help us continue to grow and empower our audiences! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate should be able to develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live shot skills and thrives on breaking stories.
- Being able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline pressure.
- Having the ability to conduct effective interviews and gather information.
- Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance.
- Writing stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera—both live and recorded.
- Having the ability to write stories for the station web sites in addition to posting to station social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Working closely with all members of the news team including Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors, etc.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology.
- Two years’ MINIMUM experience required in TV news reporting.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and strong organizational skills desired.
- The ability to work well with others is a must, along with a positive can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the geographic area is a plus.
- College degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Communications or Journalism preferred.
- A valid driver’s license
- Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!